I must say that I'm pretty disappointed in myself for not blogging about my racing for the last half of 2010, it's simply unacceptable! With that said, my New Years Resolution for 2011 is to keep this blog up to date regarding my racing shenanigans. But before I can officially begin the new year, I need to sum up the 2010 season. So here it is in a nutshell...
In October I spent the month wrapping up the 2010 National Hare & Hound Series, consistency and having a "never quit" kind of attitude lead me to my second AMA/National Hare & Hound Championship in the Women's A/B class.
![]() |
| Last Round of the AMA/National H&H Series Photo by Mark Kariya |
I can't wait for the 2011 National H&H season to begin! This year it's going to be pretty exciting to race alongside women like Blais Racing's Shayla Fulfer who will be rocking the N2L on her KTM this year.
![]() |
| Blais Racing's Shayla Fulfer Photo by Mark Kariya |
Not only is Fulfer going to be a hard one to beat, but so is District 37's very own Sarah Kritsch, who has been dominating the Woman's class for the past few years now and is ready to add a National Hare & Hound Championship to her resume.
![]() |
| D37 Women's No. 1 Plate holder Sarah Kritsch Photo by Mark Kariya |
Luckily for us when November rolled around we only had to drive to Las Vegas for the 2010 AMA Racing Championship Awards Banquet, which was held at the Red Rock Resort and Casino. We spent Friday night at the Red Rock paying tribute to the elite few who were inducted into the AMA Motorcycle Museum Hall of Fame.
![]() |
| Cameron and I at the AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony Photo by Kinney Jones |
On Saturday it was a bright and early start with us going to take a sneak peak at the Motorcycle Hall of Fame Concours d' Elegance bike show, before we hit the banquet hall for the AMA Racing Awards Ceremony, presented this year by World of Powersports. We were greeted with goodie bags at the door and a buffet style lunch, prior to the actual start of the awards ceremony.
![]() |
| Accepting my No. Plate from AMA President Joe Bromley Photo by Kinney Jones |
Racing and receiving an award for a National Series can still feel like home when you get to celebrate your accomplishments with fellow District 37 racers, Rachel and Andrea Bosemer. Both sisters kill it on four wheels, and Rachel was being awarded the No. Plate in the ATV C Class for the AMA National Hare & Hound Series.
![]() |
| Rachel Bosemer after she received her No. Plate with her sister Andrea |
In the past the AMA Awards Banquet has been the closing curtain call for my year's racing season, but that was not the case for 2010. After an agonizing 52 year wait, Catalina finally re-opened their island to us racers, with the comeback of the Catalina Grand Prix, sponsored by Red Bull! Right after the long Thanksgiving holiday weekend, Cameron prepped the bikes and drove them down to Long Beach, where their shipping containers awaited them for their 22 mile trip across the Pacific Ocean.
![]() |
| Pretty impressive sight, there were bikes EVERYWHERE in the impound yard Friday morning before the start of the weekend's racing events. |
We arrived on the Island a few days after the bikes did, and the vibe on the island was off the hook! Everyone was there to race, but more importantly we were all there to be a part of racing history. Cameron and I both raced on Sunday, so we spent Saturday trekking up and down hills looking for the best spot on the course to watch the race, it felt more like we were at a round of Outdoors, than at a Grand Prix Event, there were people everywhere!
![]() |
| It was nice to watch Cameron race for a change! Photo by Andrews Powder Coating |
The race course was epic! The course took us to the tops of mountains overlooking the harbor and casino all the way down to a motocross section that wouldn't have been complete if it wasn't for the giant mud hole. And just in case you were wondering, yes I did go through the mud hole in attempt to make a pass on someone, that mud was cold!
![]() |
| Making a turn onto the MX section of the course Photo by Matt McGowen |
I guess you could say Grand Prixs are not my forte, but after a crash and playing catch up for most of the race I ended by 6th in the Women's B Class. I enjoy racing the GPs because I might not be the fastest women out there, but they help me learn how to become a better rider. Racing on the Island of Catalina will defiantly be an experience I will never forget!
Well, I think that wraps up 2010.......
I promise to be back soon with a recap about my first race in 2011 as an Expert, in the meantime....
Keep it on two wheels :)
Jojo











0 comments:
Post a Comment